Below is information for a study on placenta encapsulation. If you have no idea what it is, check it out on our site. Your help would be invaluable! The goal is to have more concrete evidence of the benefits of placentophagia…..
Melinda Ferguson and I have just launched a pilot research study on the effect of taking placenta capsules on postpartum mood disorders. It is a small pilot that we hope will provide enough intriguing results that funders will be interested in supporting a full research study on placenta encapsulation. If you know of anyone who meets the following criteria and is interested in participating in the study (either taking placenta capsules or not), please have them contact me.
- Pregnant with their first baby
- Pregnant with only one baby
- Due between April 1 and September 1, 2011
- 25-38 years old
- Living with their partner during pregnancy and during the study period
- Planning an out-of-hospital birth
- At-risk for postpartum mood disorders, such as (but not limited to): – History of mental health problems in self or family -Family history of mood disorders -History of PMS or sensitivity to other hormonal shifts
- Willing to volunteer their time for this study
Big Belly Services
email@example.com Tags: placenta • placenta encapsulation • research • study